Monday, September 7, 2009

Painting is DONE!!



Here it is! The process wasn't really as hard as I thought it would be, a tad time consuming and a good lesson in patience but I would do it again in a heartbeat! Just two walls have the stripes on them the eastern and northern facing walls aka the two window walls. Here's me and my dad pulling off the tape that took us forever to put on!


I did a lot of research before hand and here are some tips I found or were told that really helped us (in case any of you are inspired to add stripes to your rooms)
1) Paint your entire wall the solid color first and let it dry a few days or a week before you tape. It lets the paint set and prevents it from being riped off the walls when you take your tape off.
2) Use a laser level to get a straight line to tape off of. Your line will be straighter and it makes your life a lot easier!
3) After you put you tape on make sure its flush on the walls and there are no "bubbles". Then take your solid color and paint over the tape. This seals the tape and if there is going to be any bleeding through its the same color as the wall. (this is a wonderful tip!!)
4) Do all your stripe painting in the same day. Let each coat dry for about 30 - 45 mins. On your last coat as soon as your done painting start pulling the tape off (yes wile the paint is still wet!)
We followed these tips and have beautiful stripes! We had been planning on doing a stencil over the stripes but we love the way they look so much I think we're going to skip the stencil. This means that the room is all done being painted and we can start setting things up and decorating!!
Yes the fun begins!!


4 comments:

  1. I love the stripes - I would not have thought to research it. So looking forward to her arrival - finally a little girl to dress up. I'm praying for you >;)<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!!! Welcome Amber Skye (or is it Amber Schuy?)

    ReplyDelete