Saturday, November 19, 2011

Slow But Steady

I've got a quick update on how our little man is doing and then I promise the next post will be all about Amber!
 Just to recap at 24 weeks he was in the 31% and then at 28 weeks he was in the 7%. Our Ob was worried ect.. I'm very happy to say that as of this past Wednesday at 31 weeks he was in the 8%. I know it doesn't sound great but we're expecting him to be small and the fact that he's staying on his own growth curve is very good! Our Ob has finally calmed down and we're no longer talking about an early induced delivery (yay). 
I do have to go in next Wednesday for a non-stress test because he hasn't been a big mover/grower. These are supposed to become a weekly thing but I'm hoping he'll do so well we can skip them. Then in two weeks (on the 30th) and every two weeks till he comes we'll have an ultrasound to check his growth.
On December 8th we'll have a NICU consult. Not that we're expecting him to be early or have any serious issues but because of his known diagnosis he will need different/more assessment at birth and possibly some special care.
I can't believe how much his 24 week ultrasound looks like newborn Amber!
It will be interesting to see what he looks like. I can't believe how close it's getting!!

1 comment: