Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sick

The bad news Amber and I both have really nasty icky colds. I think it's been almost a year since I've been this sick. The worst is being sick at the same time as Amber.
The up side is my shoulder is feeling better....or at least I can't feel it over the all over body aches! Thankfully Amber hasn't been too too grumpy (like when she had the ear infection) and thankfully my wonderful cousin came over yesterday to entertain her!
The best thing is our suction machine came in right before Amber got sick, talk about perfect timing! I really don't know how we got along without it before. I'll admit it's is really freaky to do, I feel like I'm going to suck her brains out, but at least it cuts out the throwing up!
I was thinking our worst days of this cold was over but today seems to be the worst for both of us. The only thing to look forward to each day is daddy coming home from work to take care of us. He cuddled with Amber last night and then gave her a really great bath! Unfortunately she epically wet the bed and then threw up, so much for a good smelling baby. She did give us a really good nights rest which I'm very thankful for.
In other unhappy news both of my grandparents are in  the hospital right now. Last Thursday my grandfather had a really bad fall, he seems to be recovering alright though. Yesterday my grandmother had heart surgery, she's still a little out of it today but also seems to be recovering alright.

You know what they say; laughter is the best medicine.
This is from around Halloween time, I love her little laugh!

I good news my dad should be home soon!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the giggles...Ambers as well as mine!! I have never heard her laugh like that...so adorable and it brings me big smiles!! Hope you feel better soon Skye, and so glad for the timing of the suction machine!!! Give Sweet Pea some snuggles for me and tell her how very much Grammy loves her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was awesome!! After writing my blog I was feeling a little down and that totally made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry I can't be around to help. You're doing a great job in spite of EVERYThing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey come check out my newest post i think you will like it!!♥ ......love the video : o

    ReplyDelete